The Lamont Public Utility District is a designated special district under the Calfiorna Public Utility Code. The District was formed in 1943. It is governed by a five member publicly elected Board of Directors. The Directors are elected to four-year staggering terms.
The District covers an area consisting of approxiametly 2400 acreas providing drinking water and wastewater sewrvces to its residents and businesses.